Cardiac Cath Lab Manager
Responsible for the coordination and integration of human and material resources necessary to care for a population of critically ill patients undergoing diagnostic and interventional procedures. The Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory manager has responsibility, authority, and accountability for implementation and maintenance of laboratory standards.
Clinical Practice Management
- Implementation and maintenance of standards of care.
- Direction and coordination of a selected delivery system of patient care.
- Provision of support for critically ill patients and their families.
- Incorporation of regulatory mandates into laboratory practice.
- Demonstration of sensitivity to ethical and legal ramifications of professional practice in the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory.
- Delineation of needed knowledge, skills, and competencies of staff and provision for staff development.
- Incorporation of current research, new interventions, and technological advances into practice.
- Implementation of ongoing quality assurance activities.
- Interviewing applicants and hiring qualified laboratory staff.
- Staffing unit(s) to ensure appropriate coverage to patient care needs.
- Facilitating staff input into decisions affecting clinical practice in the laboratory and other patient care units providing care for patients post procedure.
- Identifying and planning for developmental needs of the staff.
- Encourages staff to cross train for all positions in the lab.
- Conducting timely and periodic performance appraisals based on pre-established standards, and following up appropriately.
- Disciplining individual staff as delineated in institutional policy and procedure.
- Establishment of a valid statistical data base for budgetary decision making.
- Establishment of accurate laboratory productivity measures.
- Regular review of budgetary variances to assure appropriate use of resources.
Interested candidates should reply to this ad with their resume and cover letter for further review to Clinic Manager, Gillian Peters at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.