Medical Assistant Job Description
This position assists our medical staff with a number of patient care functions as described below. Medical assistants will be cross-trained in other areas of our clinic, including reception, medical records, and stress lab, to insure smooth clinic operations at all times.
This individual is responsible for the following:
- Maintaining compliance with all HIPAA laws at all times
- Rooming patients
- Taking brief history, vitals, EKG (when required), etc.
- Performing some testing (spirometry, holter monitors, and cholestechs)
- Routing messages to mid-level providers
- Patient registration on EPIC
- Patient scheduling on EPIC
- Pre-certification of any tests or procedures that they have scheduled
- Answering incoming phone calls and taking appropriate action to assist patients (i.e. routing messages to nursing staff, scheduling appointments, etc.)
- Assisting with other clinic tasks as needed
Interested candidates should reply to this ad with their resume and cover letter for further review to Clinic Manager, Gillian Peters at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.